Saturday, April 24, 2010

Here we go


I'm about to disconnect, and when I reconnect, I'll be in Colorado.
(Unless, I suppose, I go to a coffee shop and use their WiFi)
It's interesting to be going somewhere and not to be outrunning a broken heart, escaping a terrible job, or chasing a dream. To be going, instead, because it's right for someone you love, and you are at peace with leaving.

There are many things that make a modern gypsy, and my list would require an entirely separate post (or blog). I can't believe it, but I'm finally tired of moving. I equally can't believe the word "stability" no longer sounds dirty to me.

Au revoir, Chicago, City of Big Shoulders, gangster's ghosts, deep dish love & red-shoe-blues.

This feels a little bit like breaking up with someone you should have a long time ago, when all you can do is shake hands, smile and say, "Thanks for the memories. I wish you well."





both images via ffffound

No comments:

Post a Comment