Saturday, June 12, 2010

blues traveler

Can I register for this?

So the moving blues have finally hit. Sad face. I knew it would come, because it always, inevitably, does. Moving is hard. It's really exciting and it feels good to leave your "old life" for something new and exciting, but after awhile, the reality sinks in. You don't know the territory. You don't know anyone. You don't have a network. You don't even have a favorite bookstore.

Sigh.

Today has been a lovely rainy day, a great relief from the blast of heat we've had all week. It's good sitting-inside-and-writing weather, which is what I've attempted most of today. It's also fitting for my mood.

But boy, boy-oh-boy, have I been blue today.

It will pass, with time. It will, I know that. But, man, today is one of those days you have to muscle through.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Tiffany - like you said, this is very normal and you will see the flipside soon enough! A year from now you'll feel so much more settled and it will "feel like home".

    ReplyDelete